Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Widescreen monitor used in this music video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widescreen monitor used in this music video.

So I was thinking about upgrading my current set of monitors with new ones and came across these ultra-wide screen monitors by LG that has been used in this music video -

Pretty Lights - Around The Block (Official Music Video) includes LG IPS UltraWide Monitors - YouTube

Will they serve as a good upgrade to my current 19" monitors??

It is awfully hard to tell the size of the monitors.
    I think it comes down to what you want to use it for.
    Simple web browsing, schematic reading, graphics & picture editing?
    I have a 21" diagonal on my PC at home.
    It works real well on web pages & when reading schematics.
    I have tried the 24" diagonal & it is a bit extreme when viewing the web.
    Takes a little to get used to it.
    Schematic reading is awesome though.

Comment

This is some way to trick people into "hitting" a youtube video? Is it yours? Who's getting the kickback from LG?
      I would think if this post was legit you would link to some real info on the actual model (which happens to be listed in the video title).
      Maybe I'm being too cynical?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Whooee!
        29".
        Makes my eyes hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
          This is some way to trick people into "hitting" a youtube video? Is it yours? Who's getting the kickback from LG?
          I would think if this post was legit you would link to some real info on the actual model (which happens to be listed in the video title).
          You can report it as spam if you wish. Perhaps it might be a good idea if new members here were not able to post web links until they have been here for awhile and made several posts which were not reported as being spam.

Here is a link to the page on the LG site. The advantage I see is being able to split the screen into 2 or 3 pieces but I wonder if you need a special graphics card to do that.

LG 29EA93-P: 29 Inch, 21:9 UltraWide IPS Monitor | LG USA

While LG Electronics positions themselves near the high-end of consumer electronics in a previous lifetime they were known as Goldstar, the cheapest brand sold at Best Buy.

Steve Ahola
          Last edited by Steve A.; 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM.
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:
          https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

My old CRT monitor just stopped working the other day, and I didn't feel like fixing it, so I found a flat monitor on sale for $90 at one of the large office supply chains. Works OK, but it has the new wide aspect ratio. If I fill the screen with a page like this forum, it is stupid - IMHO. I want to sweep my head back and forth to read posts. SO I leave it partial screen, which makes the image look about like it always did, but now I have room on the side for maybe half a page additional.

So I can open another page and move it over to one side and shrink the first one some and see two pages at once. I agree with Jazz, I fill the screen with a schematic, but leave the posting boxes smaller.

You don't need a special video card, this is the same as a smaller screen when you could see pages peeking out from around other pages, just now they have room you can spread them out. You'd need a new card to have two monitors.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Here is a dell U2913WM UltraSharp 29-inch ultra wide (2560 x 1080) LED Monitor for $385.49 after coupons.

$699.99 - $150 coupon FNR?FNNWG4T1FD - $70 coupon W7HWC5Q9S4V6VH - $105 coupon $PX1BGTSZ3G635 = $385.49
              My Builds:
              5E3 Deluxe Build
              5F1 Champ Build
              6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Wittgenstein:

In case anybody missed the link in your post (I know that I did) here it is again:

Dell UltraSharp U2913WM 29" Ultra-wide monitor

Thanks for the heads up!

Steve Ahola
                The Blue Guitar
                www.blueguitar.org
                Some recordings:

Comment

Thanks sadly the coupons are not working now.... That was a great deal on a widescreen however.
                  My Builds:
                  5E3 Deluxe Build
                  5F1 Champ Build
                  6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Originally posted by Wittgenstein View Post
                    Thanks sadly the coupons are not working now.... That was a great deal on a widescreen however.
                    It looks like coupon code W7HWC5Q9S4V6VH is still active for 10% off but you do have to sign in to your Dell account to activate it. Are you able to enter more than one coupon code on their site?

Steve Ahola
                    The Blue Guitar
                    www.blueguitar.org
                    Some recordings:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
                      It looks like coupon code W7HWC5Q9S4V6VH is still active for 10% off but you do have to sign in to your Dell account to activate it. Are you able to enter more than one coupon code on their site?
                      Steve Ahola
                      Yeah, and earlier it was letting all 3 go through for a deep discount. I work as a dealhunter for an internet website so if you are ever looking for something, let me know.
                      My Builds:
                      5E3 Deluxe Build
                      5F1 Champ Build
                      6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
                        No offense, but you are being cynical. Its just a vid that was shared on my FB page. Its only after you've bought this up that I feel that I might have inadvertently contributed to an ongoing viral. Makes me wonder if I am a bit too naive..

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
                        You can report it as spam if you wish. Perhaps it might be a good idea if new members here were not able to post web links until they have been here for awhile and made several posts which were not reported as being spam.

Here is a link to the page on the LG site. The advantage I see is being able to split the screen into 2 or 3 pieces but I wonder if you need a special graphics card to do that.

LG 29EA93-P: 29 Inch, 21:9 UltraWide IPS Monitor | LG USA

While LG Electronics positions themselves near the high-end of consumer electronics in a previous lifetime they were known as Goldstar, the cheapest brand sold at Best Buy.

Steve Ahola
                        Hey, thanks for the link. I have demo-ed the monitors and they are way too wide. I am thinking I will just buy a couple of 23" Full HD monitors..Any suggestions for that??

Comment

Working...
                        X