Testing ZIP files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing ZIP files

This is a test to see if I can attach two 5 second video clips in a zip file. They will play on Windows Media Player. See if you can download and play them. The forum software won't allow me to upload them in the native format.
    Attached Files
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

I downloaded them and unzipped them with a Linux Archive Manager.
    Two files MVC-501W, 502W.MPG
    They Sound fine.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

They are very low resolution, I think 320x240. What you are looking at is an X-Y display of voltage and current in a speaker. Horizontal is Voltage, vertical is Current. The Current deflection factor is 2.27 Amps/division, Horizontal is 10 Volts/division. You can see the inductive spikes flying off the sides of the screen. The amp is about 25W at 4 ohms.
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

1) opened them with no problems.
        2) resolution is fine to Read values and keeps size reasonable.
        3) just by seeing the first noticed what it is.
        Inductive peaks 2.5X saturation voltage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Although current peaks are no more than 50% above clipping, speaker inductance sure takes its toll.
        4) I CONGRATULATE you for using the scope (invented over 100 years ago) and looking what;s *aqctually* happening.
        They'll burn you at the stake for that.
        Incredible all the crap and bullshit nonsense most "Gurus" repeat which 5 seconds of scoping contradict.

Thanks for investigating and posting.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Worked for me, too. So how big can an attachment be here? Probably not big enough for video files of a decent length but the Loud Thud Zip Trick could be used to attach files not normally supported here at MEF. 3 thumbs up!

Steve
            The Blue Guitar
            www.blueguitar.org
            Some recordings:
            https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Working...
            X