No announcement yet.

help installing Linux Mint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some desktops are more bloated than others.
    Most linux, you can fine tune what runs at turnon.
    My Mint XFCE has a Session and Startup page.
    On it is a Application Autostart tab, and you can uncheck things you don't want to start at startup.
    So far I'm very happy with the speed of XFCE Desktop.
    Cinnamon, and KDE are fancier looking but use more resource time.
    My Windoz 7 & 8.1 experience, they were much slower here, on my hardware, than any Linux, I've loaded.
    If you are running linux from a Live CD, or USB, it will be slower than a good fresh load on a good Hard drive.
    YMMV,
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

On my laptops I have a couple of really old ones running Linux Mint. When I first got this new Dell I tried to install Linux but couldn't quite figure it out. I figured I would just get used to Win8.1, but it just keeps irritating me. Sometimes two finger scrolling works, sometimes not. Sometimes the pointer moves fast, sometimes not. Try to turn off the computer, it's updating. Leave it to update, then next time I turn it on it's loading updates. I've had enough. Linux isn't booting any faster than Windose, but it works consistently.
      Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Working...
      X