Learning Express SCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning Express SCH

I downloaded this the other day after seeing a schematic that Galaxex had posted that I thought looked quite good. As I am stuck waiting for a parcel delivery I thought I'd give it a go. Like most software, I am not finding it at all intuitive to use. Does anyone know of any resources available to learn this program? I tried a youtube video, but it was not terribly useful. I think in theory this should do what I want- (ie to draw schematics faster and more neatly than I can by hand-) but it seems awfully cumbersome to me at the moment. As an example, surely I don't have to scroll through a long list of IC's every time I want a resistor or capacitor, do I? Anyhow, any suggestions would be appreciated.

andy

I've done two things with it:
    found the resistor, capacitor, diode and xfrmr (etc) graphics that I'd use, drop them into a "template" project.
    drew my own tube graphics.

from there I don't need to do much digging through the libraries, although it gets easier to do with some familiarity. I can open multiple projects and copy/paste from the template to speed my process.

Keep in mind that what I do makes the PCB side of the package useless, so you may find a better workflow for yourself. Hope this helps!
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Bloomfield View Post
      As an example, surely I don't have to scroll through a long list of IC's every time I want a resistor or capacitor, do I? Anyhow, any suggestions would be appreciated.
      You only have to find components in the library the first time then they can be saved to either Custom Components, Custom Symbols or Favorites for quick access.

Comment

Working...
      X