Antiviral software red flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiviral software red flags

anyone else giving new red flag warnings when u try to visit MEF? I'm using Bit Defender FYI.

I'm getting NOT Secure in the browser window, and https is lined out. When I logged out this morning on this HP ProBook 6570B, which is using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge, I let it update my computer. When I logged in, I wasn't able to proceed without agreeing to enter their latest stuff, and, not being so certain I wanted to just accept any and all things being shoved at me, I declined. Then, had trouble logging into to this site. I had to try and back-pedal to restore using the automatic login on the sites I had previously chosen, while still seeing all the other sites I use where I do NOT allow automatic login & pw's entered.

I saw today's date as the date where this site is stated to no longer having secure status. When I was on this site around 11:30AM PST, I didn't get these messages.

I also just went to connect to this site on my XP machine which has Mozilla Firefox and Google, and also now get Your connection is not secure. In that message, it states the owner of music-electronics-forum.com has configured their website improperly.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Yeah, I was getting those for a few hours tonight. But in trying to figure it out, something somewhere also suggested that it likely would sort itself out on the other end. which apparently it has done.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Same here, Firefox was refusing to connect to the site last night but it seems fine now.

Comment

The site's security certificate expired yesterday. Normally it gets renewed automatically every three months, but something about the new forum software interfered with the process. After a few frustrating hours of unsuccessful manual renewal attempts, I finally threw in the towel and just replaced it with a new certificate. Now I have another three months to figure out why the auto-renewal failed.
          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
            The site's security certificate expired yesterday. Normally it gets renewed automatically every three months, but something about the new forum software interfered with the process. After a few frustrating hours of unsuccessful manual renewal attempts, I finally threw in the towel and just replaced it with a new certificate. Now I have another three months to figure out why the auto-renewal failed.
            Thank you for your ongoing efforts and conscientiousness on our behalf. We all appreciate it. Really! We don't always say it, but we know these snarky things come up now and then. Sometimes in succession so it becomes a real chore. I've mentioned that I'm not that tech savvy but will help where I can. Feel free to delegate whatever you think I can handle.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

tboy gets my vote, I know absolutely zero about this stuff.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
              X