Computer Trading Stocks, ETFs, Mutual Funds and Crypto Currencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Trading Stocks, ETFs, Mutual Funds and Crypto Currencies

If you get any trading tips, you can post them here.

On the Crypto's, the BitCoin, is very expensive.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BTC-USD?p=BTC-USD

An affordable alternative, is Polkadot.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DOT1-USD?p=DOT1-USD
    Ethereum
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ETH-USD?p=ETH-USD
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

There was a time when Bitcoin wasn't so expensive, just a couple bucks. Heard about a fellow in a terrible quandary on Canadian radio about 3 weeks ago. He was paid 7,000 Bitcoins for creating a Bitcoin advertisement when they were just starting out. Now he can't remember his password so he can collect on his fortune, now around US$220 million ... if he could only cash it in. So, cryptocurrency fans, don't forget your password! Since I heard about it on CBC I'll provide a link to their interview. What you won't hear is a great big DOH!

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...word-1.5875366

ETF's, I've done well with a couple of them. That's not to say they're all terrific, or even above-board. It's nice to be able to trade like stocks, on a second by second basis, what would otherwise be difficult (foreign currencies), costly in terms of commissions (precious metals), or otherwise inconvenient (bonds and market indices.) Some mutual funds have ETF parallels, the advantage is that you can trade any time the market is open, not have to accept the "end of day" price when buying and selling. All the usual market cautions apply. These days it pays to be aware, and sometimes you have to act fast. The good old days of "buy and hold" are gone.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I basically do Mutual funds, cause they reinvest back into the funds.
      Set them and forget them!
      ETF's pay cash, and are more trouble in my Fidelity portfolio.
      It looks like a bull market for another year or so, with cheap interest!
      2020 was bumpy, and traumatic in the markets, but I ended up in the black!
      T
      Last edited by big_teee; 02-06-2021, 08:36 PM.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

You really like to gamble, don´t you?
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Some people buy lottery tickets, I buy ETFs and Mutual funds.
          It's called finance, or wealth management.
          I don't do any day trading, just long term portfolio stuff.
          I try to stay well diversified.
          Here are a few of the nasdaq fidelity funds I have.
          Been a shut in this year, so I have chased the finance more.
          Something I can do from home.
          Later,
          T

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2021-02-06 15-08-07.png Views:	0 Size:	83.9 KB ID:	924307Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2021-02-06 15-09-10.png Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	924308Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2021-02-06 15-09-57.png Views:	0 Size:	85.9 KB ID:	924309

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            Here are a few of the nasdaq fidelity funds I have.
            Zut alors, some eye poppin' returns on those funds, especially the hi tech and asian. Great picks Terry! When you sense upcoming weakness, do you cash in & wait it out?

At the moment I'm of two minds. 1: We've had an unprecedented bull run for 11 years now, from the bottom of the '09 bear market thru record setting Dow, Nasdaq, S&P 500 and other major indices. Aside from a couple of major divots, there hasn't been any serious long term bear market in all that time. Market commentators I pay attention to say at the moment the market clearly does not reflect the economy. Which is (partly) because stock traders are looking at what they expect in future activity. They must be a bunch of optimists, and who knows, might be right. Which leads to B) one would have to expect the economy WILL improve in a post covid world, or at least when covid and its variants are mostly quelled and controlled. And the market will continue to expand with that revived economy. One can only hope.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I have been basing the market on this Powell statement.

In an attempt to revive the economy and the labor market, the Federal Reserve chair,
              Jerome H. Powell, said the Fed plans to keep interest rates near zero through at least 2023

Since you can't make any money with interest, and most platforms have free stock trades?
              And, the economy should get better as the Vaccines kick in?
              The stock trading should stay good. YMMV
              I never cash out, but I do tweak my funds on a regular basis.

Happy fund hunting!
              T
              Terry

Comment

Elon Musk of Tesla, is buying $1.5 billion of BitCoin.
                Which might explain BC being close to $43,000 a share.
                Too rich for my blood!
                TClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2021-02-08 14-30-16.png
Views:	241
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	924416
                Terry

Comment

Spam?
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    Spam?
                    Yes, there is a hidden link in 'forex'
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I guess I got here too late.
                      I didn't see the spam.
                      Stocks are going back up a bit?
                      I'm going to move some Mutual Funds to Money Markets, since The Fed has raised rates.
                      Hang in there Traders!

T
                      Terry

Comment

Hmmm my tulip bulb investments are looking better and better...at least there's a flower eventually!

Comment

Working...
                        X