Ipad simple question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipad simple question.

Hi chaps. Could someone help. I want to watch a youtube video, offline, on my ipad air 2. Simple as that. Just a youtube doc, nothing fancy to pay for/ just a typical tv show someone downloaded up on youtube, "flight 438 mayhem disaster episode" (for eg, i just made this up obviously).

I have done all the obvious www searches, seen clips how to etc. But still it is not clear.

From the info I have found, I need to download the 'youtube app' (whatever an app is). I have found where to see this.

I can see on the top rhs of the youtube section.. a small blue button 'get'. So I click on this. So, I have got this far myself/ no help needed so far.

----

Ok, here is where I do not understand. Underneath the 'get' button, are the (tiny) words "in app purchases". If I click on the 'get' button, I find a pop up box.. & on it the words: App Store, Youtube/ offers in app purchases, my name (Im signed into my apple id thing), INSTALL.

So, my question is: if I click install, will I be charged for anything? Am I purchasing something by clicking 'install'?

Thanks SC.

I don't have an iPad anymore, but I'm pretty sure you can't do what you want with the free version of YouTube. To do offline viewing you need YouTube Premium which is a monthly subscription.

You can install and use the free YouTube without cost, but there are things you can click in that app which will ask you for payment.

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=save...nt=firefox-b-1
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

9convert? hey that looks interesting/ clear way to go.. never heard of it. Will try this- appreciated g1

Comment

Originally posted by Pixel View Post
          I don't have an iPad anymore, but I'm pretty sure you can't do what you want with the free version of YouTube. To do offline viewing you need YouTube Premium which is a monthly subscription.

You can install and use the free YouTube without cost, but there are things you can click in that app which will ask you for payment.
          Hi there Pixel- yes it's this whether or not they are going to charge is the thing.. afair I had to put my card details in the gain an apple ID. I think that was the case. So very reticent, especially with words 'in app purchase' prior to clicking 'install' you see. G1 has an idea.. will try that 1st.

thanks SC

Comment

Im still totally stuck on this.

Im trying to follow g1's link. It looks simple in principle, but i cannot do it. Ist what I need to do, is get the ipad to show the -full- URL. So I go to google to find how this is done. It says 'go to top tab/ safari/ go to advanced/ show full url'.

Ok. So where on earth is my 'top tab'? where is 'advanced'? I go into settings to try find.. but nothing. So I cannot proceed until I find these.

I dont know if this refers to other ipads, or mine but I can't see some safari 'advanced tab' for love nor money.

Help appreciated- SC

Comment

Ok done it! Just tap on the flamin top bar & url appears! Jeepers took me ages to figure this out.. hidden in plain view.

Great thanks g1. Grear link, seems to work fine. SC

Comment

Not sure for Ipad, never owned one, but for cheap Android phones or tablets there is a third party App, called "Download YT videos" or something similar.

Install it and it offers you the option to download any YT you want, no matter the account, to your device.

IPAD versions:
                https://thimpress.com/best-free-vide...r-iphone-ipad/
                Free as in $$$$ free, but with adds (nothing is really free of course)

Suggest you do not get the maximum resolution version of any video you like, but the lowest possible which still shows good in your screen, high quality gobbles up memory fast and itīs useless to download what wonīt be properly displayed anyway.

"Purchase in App" only means you will be shown Ads offering stuff, you just click out of them and continue viewing.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                X