Basic ipad, vs Air 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
    Does anyone know anything about ipad sizes?
    Try - this
    Scroll down a bit to the reference table. It says iPad Air 2 is 9.7"

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

Try - this
      Scroll down a bit to the reference table. It says iPad Air 2 is 9.7"
      Hi Dave.. that's just the info I need thanks alot. SC

Comment

Could anyone help..

Update : Ive bought my dear old 92 yr old friend a lovely gold ipad 8th gen. Now its a case of setting it up. Not so easy being 150m away.

So someone is going to go in & set it up for him, a pilot apparantly (one of his carers' hubby) so will be very competant.

I just need to refresh myself withh the setting up of it ( without using an iphone), as simply as can possibly be set up. Ie any complication, any unneccessary creation of accounts, or email acc creations, or anything similar will only mean adding a layer of unneccessary complication he will not be bothered with ( so will get frustrated & will not use it). If a bank acc is needed, i cannot remember exactly, but but on mine i needed to insert a bank acc to do something i nherrant to setting up perhaps). If any bank acc is need to set it up.. he will not use it, as he will refuse to put in a bank acc ( fairly sensibly, in my opinion too).

So i want to set it ip, as simply as can be, not, as optimally it can be. I can then contact the pilot to check he will do similarly. Basically I need it to be set up like mine: I press the on button, then press the home button .. & Im in. As simple as this. I dont put in a password because it makes little sense to, if its just in my house & we have zero burglaries here, meaning his hopefully can be like so.

Ive seen clips, but phones most often used. Mine, which wasn't new ( so some form of setting up had been done before) i managed to set up in 15 mins, without so far as i recall, needing anything other than to create an "apple id" which i have no idea on earth why or what it was for. Creating such an apple id for him, is no problem, because it can be done without him necessarily needing to know it even exists.

Its this bank acc.thing.. could someone remind me? Thanks SC

Comment

Could someone help..

Ive bought another ipad for my mum (83).. no.1 for my 92 year old friend, has been a success: was set up by someone for him & I got a reply from him to an email! I now send him pics, even short 10 sec video clips he can access! So many thanks to those ( Dave H especially) who replied with help.

I set this new one up, & posted on to my mum/ rcvd yesterday. What I did was set up simplest way I could for her, so ignoring all including password, so she can just turn it on asap. Now, I also ignored " apple id" well just because I could, to set up quicker, & again mainly to simplify all for mum.

She emails today I assume aiming to try connect it to the www (emailed me via her old cr*p tablet) saying she's stuck.. apple id. I told her all she needs do is put in the hub password/ network key, & she shouldn't need an apple id/ ignore anything to do with it.

Is this correct advice? Or, do you need to have an apple id to innitially connect it to www?

thanks for reading my spiel, SC

Comment

It's not that people don't want to help?
            I don't know anyone that owns any apple computers.
            All PC desktop, and laptop stuff, around this part of the world.
            You need to get with a good ipad support group.
            https://support.apple.com/ipad
            GL,
            T
            Last edited by big_teee; 08-05-2021, 04:40 PM. Reason: Change word products to computers!
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              It's not that people don't want to help?
              I don't know anyone that owns any apple products.
              All PC desktop, and laptop stuff, around this part of the world.
              You need to get with a good ipad support group.
              https://support.apple.com/ipad
              GL,
              T
              No clue what half of this means, sentences 1 and 3 do not make any sense.

And sentence 2; I cannot believe you dont know anyone who doesn't own an apple product.. & irrelevant anyway if they're not on this site. For goodness sake.

Sentence 4: i am simply asking on an electronics site, within tthe computers section, on a device almost ubiquitous now so many folks have them. Therefore It is a perfectly sensible place to ask. I cant thinkof a better place on the few forums i frequent. My gardening one maybe instead??

If you are irritated by my q &/ or just want me not to post things at all ( as seems continually your attitude to me).. why not just not reply?? Why do you feel the need to antagonise Bigteee?

Comment

I was just observing that you're not getting much help.
                1. We would all like to help, but few here use ipads, that I know of?
                So you can't help with things you don't know.
                2. The only apple products I know of in regular use, are iphones, not computers.
                iphones are everywhere.
                4. Ask away!
                But, I'm sure there are more qualified people on ipad support groups, that know more about ipads?
                Good luck,
                T

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2021-08-05 11-30-50.png Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	938339
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                  I was just observing that you're not getting much help.
                  1. We would all like to help, but few here use ipads, that I know of?
                  So you can't help with things you don't know.
                  2. The only apple products I know of in regular use, are iphones, not computers.
                  iphones are everywhere.
                  4. Ask away!
                  But, I'm sure there are more qualified people on ipad support groups, that know more about ipads?
                  Good luck,
                  T

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot from 2021-08-05 11-30-50.png Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	938339
                  Why reply to an ipad thread bigteee.. if you dont have one? Someone does a thread on marshall 50w head. I dont have one. So do i reply on it? No!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
                    ...do you need to have an apple id to innitially connect it to www?
                    Not according to this video - Link

Comment

Working...
                    X