Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable To Comment And Change the Track On MS PowerPoint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable To Comment And Change the Track On MS PowerPoint!

Hello friends, I am a new member on this forum and this is my first post here. I am having a problem on MS PowerPoint when try to comment and change the track from there. I am unable to perform this function. Could anyone suggest how can I fix it?

Welcome to the forum.
    No help on the Power point issue, I only run linux.
    Maybe somone else here can help?
    GL,
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

A music electronics forum would be the last place I'd ask for microsoft support. Awaiting spam payload.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        A music electronics forum would be the last place I'd ask for microsoft support. Awaiting spam payload.
        Hey brother where is the TRUST & LUV???
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Left behind in my naive youthful days...
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
            Please accept my apologies for publishing this thread here. Actually, I couldn't find of a good location to ask my question, so I submitted it here. Any Windows user who can assist me in resolving the problem. Because the problem was occurring on my Windows machine. If someone can assist me in resolving the problem, I would be grateful.

Comment

I would suggest that you reload the Power Point software.

Comment

HH -

If you are asking about "Track Changes", there is no such feature in Power Point. The only thing you can do is to save another copy and then use a "Compare" function that looks at two different files. How to Track Changes in a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation

As for comments, take a look at this: Add, Edit, Review, Delete, Comments.
                It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by HudsonHerzog View Post

Please accept my apologies for publishing this thread here. Actually, I couldn't find of a good location to ask my question, so I submitted it here. Any Windows user who can assist me in resolving the problem. Because the problem was occurring on my Windows machine. If someone can assist me in resolving the problem, I would be grateful.
                  Is there a legitimate reason your email address name doesn't align with your registered name?
                  nosaj
                  soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

This question would be more likely answered here:

https://www.msofficeforums.com/powerpoint/

or multiple other forums that are actually powerpoint related.
                    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
                      HH -

If you are asking about "Track Changes", there is no such feature in Power Point. The only thing you can do is to save another copy and then use a "Compare" function that looks at two different files. How to Track Changes in a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation

As for comments, take a look at this: Add, Edit, Review, Delete, Comments.
                      Thank you very much, TomCarlos, for your invaluable assistance. Actually, I discovered this post online that stated exactly what the article you shared. Anyway, I fixed the problem by following the steps outlined in the article. But now I'm having a problem, the presentation I created isn't opening. There is some kind of error displayed. I'm not sure what the cause could be.

Comment

Go to the file (using Windows Explorer), right click, select Properties, and see if there is anything blocking the file from opening. Check to make sure the file still says xxxxx.ppt or xxxx.pptx.
                        It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Maybe there will be a solution at silicophilic that you can post another spam link to. If it said exactly the same as what Tom shared, why did you need to post a link?
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Like Tom may have indicated, it sounds like a permissions problem.
                            If it was in linux, I would say to make sure the document belongs to the user, and not just root.
                            Not sure how windows does that.
                            Again welcome to the forum.
                            We have many categories to choose from on the MEF, and glad you stumbled onto this category!
                            GL,
                            Mod-T

**BTW, there are a couple of good open source office suites.
                            You might see how they do with your ppt file.
                            I've run LibreOffice a lot on spreadsheets.
                            LibreOffice,
                            https://www.libreoffice.org/
                            And, Onlyoffice,
                            https://www.onlyoffice.com/desktop.aspx

**** As far as for the possible spam, we will see how it plays out.
                            I'm watching this closely!
                            Last edited by big_teee; 03-31-2022, 07:19 PM.
                            Terry

Comment

Working...
                            X