Chromebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chromebook

Anybody using a Chromebook ? I'm seeing some as low as 100 bucks at WalMart.

Tell me about the part that will really piss me off if I don't find out until after I buy one.

Like, do they make you pay to use cloud storage ? Do they have a USB port so you can use a Flash Drive and talk to my phone ? I may need to email some large files created on a Windows PC.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

I don;t have one, but I'm also curious.
    You need a google account. (which I don't have)
    Tons of videos on youtube, about chromebooks.
    I suggest to start utubing and ask your questions.
    If someone knows all about them, please jump in.
    I still use a laptop, linux and gnome desktop.
    Chrome looks a lot like my gnome.
    GL,
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

as I understand it the Chromebook is a laptop that uses cloud based storage and cloud based apps, so they can work well of people with: cheap high speed internet, like some schools, and don't require high on-board computational power (ie CAD/CAM, video, Photoshop, gaming etc.) I have crappy internet so I need a capable stand alone laptop.

And of course since its Google/Alphabet top to bottom you probably have even less privacy than the typical Chrome browser user, so not quite like a Gnome or Linux set up ; )

Comment

Working...
      X