Another string tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another string tree

I have a strat style neck with one string tree for the E and B string.
    When I bend the B string around 5th fret my finger goes under the G string and pops it out of the nut. I'm thinking of adding a string tree for the G and D string any thoughts??

Most of the Strat style guitars I've seen have two.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Your only other option is to cut a new slightly taller nut with deeper slots.

I have had both double and single string tees on Strats with good results.

RM

Comment

If you have standard machine heads, try installing a new G string with about 5-6 downward wraps around the tuner post. This might work to create enough pressure on the nut slot to keep it in. If you have locking tuners, you will either need another tree or a new nut. FYI- Early Strats had only one tree (E/B).
        John R. Frondelli
        dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Just a thought

If your going to add a new string tree to the G and D strings look for Fenders roller string trees and do both G and D and B and E. The roller trees cause less friction on the string both in tuning and bending. I had a 80's Jap Strat that had these and now replace all my string trees with this style.

Comment

Working...
          X