5 way mega switch wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 way mega switch wiring question

I have two humbuckers and want to wire them with a 5 way, 4 pole megaswitch. I also want to use a push pull (but not sure what that should do yet).

I want the following with push pull disengaged:

1) Bridge Series
    2) Bridge Parallel
    3) Bridge Series Parallel With Neck Series
    4) Neck Parallel
    5) Neck Series

I also want to be able to get inner coils in parallel and inner coils on bridge and neck separately. I am having a hard time visualizing this wiring. With a push pull engaged that taps inner coil of bridge and neck at same time, I can see this being possible:

1) Bridge inner
    2) ? Would output be killed here?
    3) Bridge inner Parallel With Neck inner
    4) ? Would output be killed here?
    5) Neck inner

So I think positions 2 and 4 become problematic. Can anyone think of a clever way to get the combos I am after?

thanks,

brian

2 & 4 would just be the same as 1 & 5. It wouldn't kill it but it also wouldn't be terribly useful.

Comment

Ahhh. Ok, I think I figured out the wiring. Can someone please look this over and confirm it works the way I think it works?

If not, can someone help me work out the wiring?

thanks,

brian

Comment

Do you have a schematic for the actual Mega Switch? I'm not familiar with how the internal switching works. It would also be helpful if you post the DiMarzio color code descriptions, I don't have them memorized.

Comment

I don't have a schematic for the switch. It is a 4 pole switch. On the bottom left, the left most pin is the output, then the next 5 from left to right are for positions 1-5. Likewise with the 6 pins on the top left. On the bottom right, the first 5 pins from left to right are for positions 1-5 and the pin on the far right is output. Likewise with the 6 pins on the top right.

Dimarzio codes are
          green: start south -
          red : start north +
          black: finish north -
          white: finish south +

thanks,

brian

Comment

Working...
          X