US Tele with graphite saddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Tele with graphite saddles

How do people use graphite saddles on a Tele, if the strings need to ground to the rest of the circuit through the bridgeplate, and the strings may not be connecting?

I was given a set of Texas Specials to replace the "tizzy" EMG actives, which didn't have a ground to the bridgeplate. I know on a Strat they'll ground themselves through the tremelo block, and on a Gibson-type, they can all ground to a tailpiece. This guitar had those EMGs and graphite saddles when I bought it (I like the neck, and figured it was a bargain price at $280 for an American Tele...even though it was modified).

Can these be used on a Tele, or will I have to find something else?

I also realize I'm going to need some 250K pots to replace the 25K ones.

Thanks

Brad1

The strings should be touching the bridge plate when they exit though the holes. At least they do on my Tele.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Thanks David,

I'll see if that's the case after I reassemble it. I suspected some might, and some might not...depending on where the saddles are situated for intonation...as in just right for it to go down through the center of the hole without contacting the bridgeplate.

Since I only thought of that AFTER I disassembled the entire thing, I couldn't check for certain.

Brad1

Comment

Working...
      X