Greco Les Paul question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greco Les Paul question

Hi guys, not exactly a tech type query but i need help! I was wondering if anyone here has seen a Greco les paul with the "les paul" actually written on the headstock? Ive been thru a ton of pics online and tried asking on a couple of Aussie sites but noone knows I thought with the experience you lot have i may find out what i have here?. Sorry about the dodgy pic, my camera batts are dead so ive used my phone. Btw its a 1977 Greco les paul(and a bloody nice one too)!, not sure of the model no. though. Thanks for looking... [IMG][/IMG]

Could be a decal that was added. I know that Greco used names like "Super Real", "Super Power", and "Super Sound", but that was started in '79. It may be original, does it look old and faded, or perfectly mint. I would suspect that it was added if the"Les Paul" is mint, and the rest of the guitar looks worn.
    Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

yeah i thought at first it may be a decal but it is definitely properly screenprinted. the whole guitar is in pretty much mint condition. obviously no big deal but it is an interesting oddity...

Comment

I used to have a 1978 Greco Les Paul custom black beauty and darn that was an awesome geetar. Felt exactly like the real deal LP and sounded like one too.

Those Japanese fellers sure can build a heck of a good LP knockoff.

It was so good of a geetar I sold ma real Les Paul to a kentucky preacher for snake pit mosh...

Comment

Working...
        X