No announcement yet.

How to to warm up Bill Lawrence pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just swapped in that 250K PP pot AND added a 6.8K resistor (just under the middle pickup). I have a Superswitch and thus 10 sounds, more of them with single coils in the mix.

It is much better and less harsh/annoying. Yes, the HB'ers are smoothed down but on the leads they have mucho tone. I'd post sound samples if I knew how.

Why Bill Lawrence makes pickups so hi-fi, brilliant and eye-wateringly bright is beyond me. The HB'ers flippin' WAIL for metal though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist View Post
      Why Bill Lawrence makes pickups so hi-fi, brilliant and eye-wateringly bright is beyond me.
      He's a jazz player and he likes that tone. You can also use his Q-Filter to mellow things out.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Yes, it may be like Les Paul playing with Chet. One is way brighter than the other (Chet I think) who's tone is rather normal.

I bought the Q-Filter when I got the pickups. It does little to the highs but thins out the mids a bit, making them 'cleaner" or acoustic like. I don't use it very much. But glad it's there-otherwise I'd wish I bought it, right?

Comment

Those pickups KILL in a Lap Steel - especially the discontinued mini-hum versions.

Comment

Working...
          X