Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguar HH noise

Hi,
    I got some hum trouble with a Fender Jaguar special (HH).It starts humming as soon as the Vol. pot is turned down, turning up the Volume, the hum (almost) disappears.It hums on both circuits, Rhythm and Lead.
    Any help much aprecciated, thanks,
    Zouto

Meanwhile I found out that the green positive signal wire to the output jack is completely touch sensitiv/microphonic.I'll try to use shielded cable instead.
    The overall hum of the guitar is incredible in spite of grounded strings.
    Zouto

Comment

Check all the grounds. Fender often doesn't run wires to the back of the pots, and only relies on them touching a control plate, or foil.

People with Jaguar basses were complaining about hum, and it turns out that there are bad ground connections, and some shielding foil that was never grounded.

Where ever Fender is having these instruments made, they are not doing a good wiring job.

I'd go ahead and rewire the guitar, and use some shielded cable as you mentioned.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

David: thanks, that's exactly what I'm going to do next week.
        I'll post the results after havin' fixed that bad wiring hum.
        Zouto

Comment

Fixed

A complete rewiring with solid ground connections and shielded output cabel removed the hum completely and also braught a better overall sound.
          The original crappy wiring had lots of "dead spots" and cheesy wires as usually used in cheapest guitars only.
          Zouto

Comment

Cool! It's a damn shame that they put such crappy wiring in those guitars.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by Zouto View Post
              A complete rewiring with solid ground connections and shielded output cabel removed the hum completely and also braught a better overall sound.
              The original crappy wiring had lots of "dead spots" and cheesy wires as usually used in cheapest guitars only.
              Zouto
              I know this thread is old, but I have a Jaguar HH myself too, and although I have done recordings, live big gigs and everything, I know it has a huge hum problem like yours, I was just wondering if you could post a picture of the new internal wiring as well as going into detail of what is "better wiring" and with shielded cable you mean for example e one in a common Unbalanced cable for guitar?

Comment

Working...
              X