Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtertron pickup into 335 (copy)

HI!

Not posted on this forum before, so big hello to all the folks here!!

here goes...

I have a 335 copy (a Hohner SE 35).

I am thinking of popping in a filtertron into the bridge, and was wondering if anyone here has experience of this. Has anyone tried this type of pickup in this style of guitar? Were the results pleasant?

Let me know your thoughts!!!

Not only will the results be pleasant (if you like nice, clear, chimey tones), but your solution is very easy. All you need is this:

TV Jones FilterTron, Humbucker Mount
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

lets see & hear it

I'd love to see & hear it - plesae post follow up

Did you use a new or vintage pickup???

Comment

Originally posted by PositiveNegativeMan View Post
        I have a 335 copy (a Hohner SE 35).

I am thinking of popping in a filtertron into the bridge, and was wondering if anyone here has experience of this. Has anyone tried this type of pickup in this style of guitar? Were the results pleasant?

Let me know your thoughts!!!
        You've gotta balance one p'up with the other... which Filtertron and which one in the neck position?
        Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
        Milano, Italy

Comment

I ordered a TV Jones bridge pup, as per JRFrond but had to order from USA and have it shipped so am still waiting for it to arrive!
          Will post a follow up once it's fitted though.

I will decide what to do about the neck pup once I have heard the results of this swap.

I did put seymour alnico 2 pros in a while back, and after about six weeks swapped the neck pup back to the original one. That was a better combination!!!

The spare seymour went into a tele-ish one I made myself with a quarter pounder at the bridge. Walnut body, maple neck/board. Sounds lurverly!!

Comment

Working...
          X