Tele- 1 cap per pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele- 1 cap per pickup

Is there a way to wire the standard tele setup to have one tone cap value for the neck pickup and a second value for the bridge pickup? In other words, when I select the neck pickup, I'd like to use a .012uF cap, but a .047uF on the bridge.

I'm thinking I might have to wire caps in series and use the selector switch to strategically split them. This may help out in the middle position.

Any suggestions? It's either this or no load pot that I only turn to "10" (off) while using the neck pickup.

Use the one side of the switch for pickup switching, use the other side to select which tone control cap gets connected to the tone control in each position.

Comment

Hi,
      I would change the tone pot to a "500 K linear" one ( with center "click" ) soldering the "master tone" wire to the pot's center lug, then soldering the two different tone capacitors between the pot's outer lugs and GND ( pot's body ). This way, with the pot centered you have an "open" tone circuit, ( just like the old tone pot set to "10" ) then, by rotating the pot CW or CCW you get two different "behaviors" out of the tone pot - Being the STD Tele tone control a "master tone", it will work with both pickups.

I found this mod here on the forum, though I can't remember who posted it...sorry!

This solution is simple and effective IMHO, and does require neither a major rewiring nor adding switches/holes.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Bob
      Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

Working...
      X