Ovation Op-Pro preamp tuner display dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ovation Op-Pro preamp tuner display dead

I too have a problem with my Ovation 2778LX's Op-Pro preamp. It's about 14 months old and noticed it was burning through batteries pretty fast. Last week the tuner portion of the preamp quit working but the preamp itself works ok (still burns through 9v batts quickly though). Does anyone know where I can get a schematic, or is anyone aware of tuner issues with the Op-pro? Love the electronic tuner but thought I'd troubleshoot before dropping $140. Thanks!

Originally posted by torlon2001 View Post
    I too have a problem with my Ovation 2778LX's Op-Pro preamp. It's about 14 months old and noticed it was burning through batteries pretty fast. Last week the tuner portion of the preamp quit working but the preamp itself works ok (still burns through 9v batts quickly though). Does anyone know where I can get a schematic, or is anyone aware of tuner issues with the Op-pro? Love the electronic tuner but thought I'd troubleshoot before dropping $140. Thanks!
    torlon2001

I have an inexpensive Ovation model that seemed to go through batteries pretty quickly. When I took the amplifier/equalizer module out, I discovered a twisted, shorted wire near the connectors that plug into the module.

Try removing the module and carefully inspect the connectors and the wires that go to them.

Joseph Rogowski

Comment

thanks bbsailor...I'll pull it out and give it a good inspection. Called Elderly and they told me that Ovation is pretty good about their stuff. May try to send it in for a warranty repair if I don't see anything real evident. I've heard the connectors are a problem on the saddle preamps from another post. I'll give it a shot. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X