A braiin teezer about my Gibson SG 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A braiin teezer about my Gibson SG 3

I have a Gibson SG 3 an amazing guitar with 3 57 pickups and a 6 way rotary Chicken Head switch and one volume and one tone dial.I would love to control my bridge pickup volume seperately but the only way I know of is to add another pot which I don't want to do as I would have to drill a whole in the guitar.Any idea's how to do this with maybe a tap switch.The controls are all wired the old way,their is no board.
    Thanks

Originally posted by SG3 View Post
    I have a Gibson SG 3 an amazing guitar with 3 57 pickups and a 6 way rotary Chicken Head switch and one volume and one tone dial.I would love to control my bridge pickup volume seperately but the only way I know of is to add another pot which I don't want to do as I would have to drill a whole in the guitar.Any idea's how to do this with maybe a tap switch.The controls are all wired the old way,their is no board.
    Thanks
    SG3

Use a concentric, stacked 500K volume control. This allows you to control each pickup separately with the lower or outer knob controlling one pickup and the center or upper knob to control the other pickup with only one pot hole. Wire the pickup volume controls like the Fender Jazz bass to allow independent control of each pickup volume when two pickups are on. This is useful when pickups are used in the out of phase switch positions.

I hope this helps?

Joseph Rogowski

Comment

SG3

So I've got it straight,go out of the pickups to each of the stacked concentric contacts and then to the six way switch.
      Thanks alot Joseph
      Bruce

Comment

Working...
      X