Dual Lace Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Lace Sensor

to wire 2 lace sensors as a humbucker, would one of them have to be rewound in reverse? someone once told me that you can just flip one upside down. any word?

Don't quote me on this, but wouldn't you just wire the polarity of the leads backwards from the other one?

Nevermind^^

I think you're easiest bet would be to wire them in series. It wouldn't give the humbucking, but it would give more of a humbucking output/tone.

Comment

To truly make a humbucker, one of them would need to at least be reverse magnetic polarity, then all you would need to do is reverse the wires. But usually if it is reverse polarity it is already reverse wound too.

If you take two pickups and hold them face to face and they repel each other, then they are same magnetic polarity. If that is so then wcrankshaw is correct, just wire them in series or parallel and it will work fine they just won't be humbucking.

If they are attracted to each other then all you will need to do is wire them up. One of them should already be RWRP (reverse wound, reverse polarity) if they are from the same manufacturer.
      Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

Working...
      X