Changing tonal balance in strat between bridge an neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing tonal balance in strat between bridge an neck

I didn't see this covered here, but apologize if indeed it has been before.
    I have a beautiful sounding strat i have been playing for many years. I have been playing it through a self built AC30 style amp lately and it kills. My only issue is that in getting the bridge pickup right(chime and bite) on, not to bright, but nice and present, it renders the neck pickup pretty useless. It is too muddy and dark for me. What would be the easiest way to change the balance between them and possibly make the neck pickup slightly less bassy, preferably with the same pickups as i like the general sound a lot
    Thanks in advance
    Ian

If you installed an overall tone mod to tailor the bridge pickup, then perhaps what you need to do is to rewire it so that the mod works ONLY for the bridge pickup.

What exactly did you do?
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

If you get a brighter neck pickup that will help once you get the bridge tone dialed in. I find a neck pickup wound around 5.5K works great this way.

Also rewiring the tone controls so the middle one works for the bridge pickup can help. It knocks some of the brittle stuff off, so then you might not have to do it at the amp.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
      X