Video of my tele project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of my tele project!

I just finished my nashville style tele project If anyone wants to check it out.
    All comments and feedback welcome!

YouTube - Custom Nashville Style Tele I built With GFS Pro Tubes Pickups

Nice spank stick. Can't really what you got under the hood. well done.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to put it in the post. It is hard to see cause all the hardware and the pickups are black.
      The pickups are GFS Pro Tubes
      4.9k neck 6.0k mid and 8k bridge
      Wilkinson bridge and tuners
      Every part on this guitar is from guitar fetish. I wanted to do an economic build the first time out. I think it turned out very well.
      Thanks for checking it out and the compliment! Im kind of proud of her.
      Last edited by tribaltattoos; 03-15-2010, 12:57 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Great! Those tubes sound surprisingly good. I have bought some stuff from them; tuners and the Mexican steel block, and have been very satisfied. How about the body and neck?

Comment

The body is pretty good I got one of the solid ash instead of the paulowina. The only thing is it may be a 3 or 4 piece body. No big deal on an econ build though. The finish was excellent. You will have to do some sanding in the neck pocket but it is not to bad I used a couple of disposable emory boards to do mine. The neck feels really good and actually plays good. This is a one piece neck without the skunk stripe on the back. The action and playability on this guitar is way better than my buddy's squire. I like it alot. And the best part is it is 100% the way I want it.

Comment

so that's 100% gfs? What was the total build cost? I love projects like this, lowest bottom line. Very fun. I built a lap steel for $35 last summer using nothing but second hand parts.

Comment

Total build cost was a little under $300. I know that sounds high but I spent extra to get the all black hardware. Also had I bought an ash body Xavier or a squire and retro fitted it to be what I wanted it would have cost me more than $300. In my opinion the guitar I wound up with is worth the cost and more.
              Not to etion the satisfaction of a job well done

Comment

Working...
              X