Brand new Tele - tons of hum/hiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new Tele - tons of hum/hiss

So I just got a new American Special Tele. All the wiring seems good. when I'm not touching anything metal on the guitar there is a really loud hiss and hum. it's not your typical deep grounding hum, but more of a sizzle. Is this something tele players just accept, or is there something wrong?

Originally posted by wcrankshaw View Post
    Is this something tele players just accept?
    I sure hope not, but people delude themselves into thinking that archaic noise i part of the music.

Check your grounds and shields. Fender has had a lot of issues like this with the Jaguar basses and a few other models. They seem to put shielding in, sometimes with conductive paint, and then don't properly ground it.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I have a student with a new Tele hums like crazy, compared to my Teles. I haven't looked into the cause, since I am teaching him, not repairing his guitar, but it seems to be an untoward amount of hum. At least that is some validation to your experience from another new-ish Fender.

Comment

Working...
      X