No announcement yet.

Solder all grounds to bridge, optional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW....as for the cavity grounding, I try to always use the copper tape. But...I have had to use the carbon paint on occassion. If you do use the paint, let each coat dry for 6 hrs or so before the next coat and put atleast 3 coats or more. Seems to work decent enough.
    L8R..........Brian
    sigpic

Plug in...Tune up.....ROCK OUT!!

Comment

The Toneshaper has EMI wiring protection built in. You will still get noise from the pickups but not from the electronics wiring or improper grounding.

Comment

Agreed.....when using the oem noisey singles.......but have had just about no noise to even mention when using the aftermarket (DiMarzio, Seymors, etc. noisless types) or Fender Noiseless pups.
        L8R..........Brian
        sigpic

Plug in...Tune up.....ROCK OUT!!

Comment

Originally posted by KickAxeUSA View Post
          jakeac.......Also make sure that the bridge has some sort of ground wire from it to the daisy chain of pot grounds. I have replaced alot of older strat pups with the DiMarzio noiseless ones and have had great success with no or very very little noise, making sure we give the old pups to the customer so if there is a time that it is sold, it can be restored back to OE classic. Also installed some tone shappers into strat types and those are pretty nice units. You can change the pot values, cap values, and pot assignments with the flick of a switch........SWEET. Still have to remove the pickguard though......unless you cut out a spot in the back of the guitar to access the tone shapper
          After trying out lots of different guitars from the store and from people that I know, I have come to the conclusion that my guitar is one of the most electronically 'quiet' guitars that I've played. I've noticed that most stock guitars have some kind of noise or hum to them, but mine seems dead silent for some reason. Kind of cool actually Feedsback a ton though, but that has more to do with amp volume than guitar circuitry haha.

I guess I'll pass on the shielding as it seems I don't really need it. The cover to the electronic chamber is metallic anyway, so that probably does a better job than a plastic cover as it is.

Comment

Working...
          X