Jack for Alembic bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack for Alembic bass

I'm looking for a plastic jack used in an Alembic bass. I could ask for it on Alembic forum but they locked my account and they do not respond to any e-mails .
    The jack looks almost like a plastic Switchcraft jack but it has additionally 2 contacts that are isolated from a plug and they are shorted when a plug is inserted into the jack. They provide +9V volts for the preamp. I could use a standard stereo jack (and rewire the battery) but since this is an expensive bass, I would like to find an original jack.

Mark

Like this one?

STEWMAC.COM : 9-lug Stereo Jack

Comment

Thank you Albert. This is almost exactly what I'm looking for. The jack that I have is mono and has only two contacts that are shorted when a plug is inserted. So it is only 4-lug:-). Which manufacturer is it?

Mark

Comment

Sorry, I don't know. This is the only source I have for jacks with separate switches.
        Maybe you can leave the remaining contacts unused. At least you wouldn't have to rewire the battery.

Comment

I found out that this is Switchcraft L113: Switchcraft : 1/4" 3 Cond Enclosed Jack . It is even very hard to find on Switchcraft web site. You have to know the type first to find it. I'm still not sure about the sub-type and the bushing length.
          I wonder why they haven't used a standard stereo jack (and wire differently the battery). The main difference is that with this isolated contacts they short +9V to the preamp (and it is completely isolated from other contacts in the jack). With a stereo jack you have to short -9V to the ground and it is not isolated from other contacts. Do you think that this is important? Especially that those isolated contacts have failed in the bass I'm fixing now.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
            Do you think that this is important?
            No.
            It is only a matter of originality (and cosmetics).

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Kreuzer View Post
              Sorry, I don't know. This is the only source I have for jacks with separate switches.
              Maybe you can leave the remaining contacts unused. At least you wouldn't have to rewire the battery.
              Yes, just wire it up as mono.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

David, that's clear. But I have to take into account delivery fee from the States to Poland. I'm looking for the jack available in Europe.

Mark

Comment

You could contact them and ask them if there is a small time distributor down the chain
                  who could sell you one.

Switchcraft International Sales Support

Switchcraft International Sales Office
                  16, Challenge Enterprise Centre
                  Sharps Close
                  Portsmouth
                  United Kingdom
                  PO3 5RJ

Email: intsales(at)switchcraft.com
                  Tel: +44 (0) 23 9269 1506
                  Fax: +44 (0) 23 9269 1505

Pro Audio/Broadcast Distributors:

4Vision - "gdzie wzrok nie siga"
                  ul. Kosiarzy 20A
                  02-953 Warszawa
                  Poland
                  Tel: +48 22 881 02 72/73
                  Fax: +48 22 848 36 37
                  Email: daniel(at)4vision.pl

http://www.audioplus.com.pl/
                  ul. Dolna
                  Lomianki
                  Poland
                  Tel: +48 (0) 22 751 9951
                  Fax: +48 (0) 22 751 9953
                  Email: sokool(at)audioplus.com.pl

Industrial Products Distributors:

OEM Automatic Sp.z o.o.
                  ul. Postepu 2
                  02-676 Warsaw
                  Poland
                  Tel: +48 (0) 22 863 27 22
                  Fax: +48228632724
                  Email: info(at)pl.oem.se
                  Last edited by oc disorder; 09-16-2010, 08:06 PM. Reason: live email

Comment

If the jack is mono with the separate switch, the Switchcraft Part # is 113X.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
                      If the jack is mono with the separate switch, the Switchcraft Part # is 113X.
                      Thank you Bill,

Yes, it looks like it is 113X described as "Isolated "make" circuit, solder lug termination". I only have to make sure that the bushing type is correct. It seems that "L" in front of the symbol denotes "long bushing". But I cannot find anything like L113X. They have very poor catalog on their web site. You have to know exactly the type you need to find it (and use Search box). If you go Products->Pro Audio->Jacks, you won't find it.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by oc disorder View Post
                        You could contact them and ask them if there is a small time distributor down the chain who could sell you one.
                        Thanks OC Disorder. I should have check it first . Only one of these companies can sell it to me but they don't have it locally - they have to order the jack from Sweden (and this may take up to 6 weeks). I think I will order the jack from States. But thanks for helping.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X