No announcement yet.

Anyone have a handle on Super Switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a handle on Super Switches?

I'd like to wire up a fat strat HSS like this:

Pos.1: Bridge humbucker + neck
    Pos.2: One humbucker coil + middle
    Pos.3: Middle
    Pos.4: Middle + Neck
    Pos.5: Neck

Problem is I am underwater when it comes to understanding how a super switch works (let alone having a strong grasp of wiring up switches anyway). Any chance anyone can help me out with this?

Originally posted by wcrankshaw View Post
    I'd like to wire up a fat strat HSS like this:

Pos.1: Bridge humbucker + neck
    Pos.2: One humbucker coil + middle
    Pos.3: Middle
    Pos.4: Middle + Neck
    Pos.5: Neck

Problem is I am underwater when it comes to understanding how a super switch works (let alone having a strong grasp of wiring up switches anyway). Any chance anyone can help me out with this?
    This is doable with the 5 posistion 4 pole super switch.
    You use one pole for humbucker, one pole for humbucker split, one pole for middle, one for neck.
    Then the rest is how you strap one or more of the 5 posistions on each pole.
    Heres the Stewmac Instruction diagram.
    You will need to draw the switch on paper and come up with the combo you need.
    STEWMAC.COM : Instructions for Super Switch
    Good Luck,
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

much appreciated. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. If I wanted to include an in/out phase option would that require including another switch?

Comment

Originally posted by wcrankshaw View Post
        much appreciated. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. If I wanted to include an in/out phase option would that require including another switch?
        You may have to have, one or more push pull pots, to go with the Super Switch.
        Your getting a little gifted and talented for me.
        Check out the Seymour Wiring Page, all kind of stuff there.
        Wiring Diagrams - Seymour Duncan
        Maybe you can combine a couple of wiring plan scenarios!
        Good Luck,
        Let us know what you come up with.
        Later,
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Ok here's what's going to happen, and I actually have this diagrammed so it isn't just a pipe dream ha.

Pos 1: Bridge
          Pos 2: Bridge/Middle
          Pos 3: Middle
          Pos 4: Bridge/Neck
          Pos 5: Bridge/Middle/Neck

I'm going to put a DPDT toggle with the humbucker to allow for coil tap possibilities in any of the settings involving the humbucker. Also going to put a DPDT on the middle pickup (and maybe the neck) for polarity. Tone 1 will control Neck and Middle, and Tone 2 will control only the Bridge.

Comment

Working...
          X