wierd noises coming from my amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd noises coming from my amp

so the other day i was trying to tune my washburn that has a licensed floyd rose and i noticed these wierd sounds when i turn up the volume on the amp. it seems kinda like interference from something i know its not feedback it sounds kinda like a wierd beeping. anyway i have my amp on my desk next to my laptop and modem and i was wondering if it could be interference from the modem? also i just rewired some loose wires in my guitar and i noticed a burned spot on the 5 way switch around a lug that doesent have anything on it. so im just looking for causes of this so called interference.

Did this occur after you "rewired" the guitar.
    If so, recheck your work.
    The pickups will do just that.
    Try moving the amp away from all noise sources.

Comment

i cant really move the amp because i ahve very few outlets. and yes i dont believe i noticed the noise before i resoldered the loose wires.

Comment

If you suspect that the MODEM is causing interference then test the theory by temporarily unplugging the MODEM power source at the wall and determine if that stops the noise.

Comment

In the past, I have noticed strange noises right before my cell phone rings or I get a text message.

Comment

Working...
          X