Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Nashville Circuitry

Hi there,

in its ES 339 Gibson advertises a "Nashville Circuitry" compensating for the treble loss if the volume is turned down. Does someone know about the details of that cvircuitry, especially if it is more tricky than the well known treble bypass capacitors (we need two of them, don't we?).

Thanks

Beate

Black Rose circuit

The Nashville circuit sounds familiar, but I don't know it specifically, I do know the Black Rose circuit does exactly what you want.. have done this one on a Dot epi and an Epi LP. I don't lose trbl when the vol is turned down, I also put in some loading resistors on the pickup leads at the switch to allow independant vol adjustment all the way down, no cut off of the other pup with little sacrifice of vol. Hope this helps...

Comment

Well,there is the treble/resistor network across the vol pots.
      Link: Wiring Diagram
      Then there is the Varitone.
      Attached Files

Comment

Similiar but different...

The resistors on your diagram with the cap across is a pass filter of sorts( treble bleeder ? ), the resistor I placed on the switch was in series with the pickup only, loading it enought to prevent the Parallel Gibby Syndrome, one vol shuting off the other...I'll see if I can find the link. http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/stockgibson.php
        Last edited by hrbay; 06-13-2011, 08:32 PM. Reason: addiition of link

Comment

Seems to be a treble bleed cap:

Memphis tone circuit? - Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
          X