Gibson Rd Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Rd Series

is there anyone out there that can help?

i recently got an RD CUSTOM without the electronics, with a bit of searching i found the relevant parts in australia....they have now arrived (they guitar is having a refret) but there are no instructions on how it all fits together.....

i have 2 pickups with connectors (3pin) and a wiring loom with what looks like a 7pin connector and two other 3pin connectors.....
    the problem is that there is nothing to indicate which 3pin joins the pcb where....the schematics that i have are pretty tricky to read, what i ideally need is a few photos of another RDs innards...

so, is there anyone out there who can help me??

also....the pickups have gold covers, will it damage them if i get them changed to nickel ones?(purely cosmetic).....are they special due to the electronics....?

i hope i havent rambled to much...

thanking you all in advance, any information will be gratefully received.

chas

Well the only thing I can add here is the pickups are epoxy encapsulated, so you wont be able to remove the covers.

Those are pretty cool guitars, but I was never crazy about the fact that they had the compressor on the neck pickup, and an expander on the bridge pickup. Who the heck uses an expander? The compressor on both pickups would have been better.

Unless you really want it stock I wouldn't even bother with the Gibson electronics.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

thanks for the info about the pick ups Dave.....guess ill have to swap the hardware for gold parts..

i really do want to keep the electronics stock, if you know anyone who might know how it all fits together, id be beyond grateful....

cheers for the reply mate...

Comment

Working...
      X