My guitar or amplifier only produces clean sound even with pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    Probably the output of the guitar was so low that it stayed clean.
    That's what I guessed would be logical. What isn't logical is that, apparently, he said the problem mysteriously corrected itself for a while at the exact time as a cable swap. Illogical and improbable, but not impossible, I guess.
    And, I may be wrong, but I think it's improbable for the switch to be bad in all three positions. One or two positions (either PU/both PU) , I can see because the 'both' setting may introduce the fault of one to the other. A fault in the entire circuit beyond the switch, I can also see.

Weirdness.

Brad1

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      I think there may be some error in the signal chain. There's almost 0 chance that ALL those distortion units were bad and they should produce distortion on their own no matter what the amp settings are. In other words, nothing about the amp can keep a distortion unit from making distortion. Have you read the user guide for the distortion units you've tried? You could research gear and settings for known players on line for some idea of how some players set up their gear.
      i tought it was the switch... i am not 100% sure, but i guess mine has the prob with and without buffer...

Comment

Originally posted by kurtdaniel View Post
        i tought it was the switch... i am not 100% sure, but i guess mine has the prob with and without buffer...
        Please stop posting fake responses with that guitar lesson link. I've seen you do that several time already.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

No one here is apt to take lessons anyway. Otherwise we'd stop dicking around with our $h!t and start playing it instead
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
          X