Newbie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question

Hello all. I am an avid guitar player, 25 years plus, but have never gotten into the tech side of things. I've never swapped out pups or anything like that. I know how to solder, but I'm just not familiar with working on guitar electronics. Anyway, I purchased a Duncan '59 for an upgrade to my Fender Mexi fat strat. The assosiate at the store reccomended it for the type of music I play. My problem is that when I opened up my guitar, the OEM Humbucker has 4 wires, the red is soldered to the back of the volume pot, black , white, and green going to the pup selector switch. The '59 is a single conductor pickup, so I'm kinda confused. The istruction said to solder the braided wire to the back of the volume pot, which makes sense, but I'm not sure where to solder the hot wire?? Can anyone help?? Thanks...

thanks for the reply! I don't think any of the wires are twisted together, but I think 2 of them might be soldered at the same spot. Are these the wires you're talking about?

Comment

Have you had a look under the Strat pulldown list here? Wiring Diagrams - Seymour Duncan
      Valvulados

Comment

Working...
      X