Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good guitar neck makers out there that spec old necks out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good guitar neck makers out there that spec old necks out?

Hey fellas,

I was wondering about trying to get some builder to spec an old 1987 Japan made Kramer Beretta neck out. I've owned a few American built Kramers, Baretta and Pacer but this one Japan made Kramer F1000 from 1987 has a great playing neck, nothing like other guitars I have owned. This was an ESP built neck, sort of a D shape with a 16 inch radius and low jumbo frets. Its a three piece neck with the classic pointy headstock, neck truss adjustment. I just need to find someone that is good at doing a spec and not real expensive too. This would have made a killer strat neck.

No wonder guys like the ESP necks, they play darn good.

SLO

Do you still have the neck? Wouldn't be hard to copy.

Heres my old Kramer. I'm getting ready to put it back together.

There's a story about the paint job. The guitar belonged to my friend that I worked with at American Showster. The head was broken off, and he glued it back on. Originally he had painted it like EVHs frankenstein. He left the body in the spray booth, and would squirt some paint on it even he was emptying the gun. So those are all the old vintage Chevy/Fender Duco colors, like matador red and tropical turquoise. He gave it to me, and I added some found objects and some more paint. It had a blue tie-die pickguard, but that got broken.

Im getting ready to put it back together.

It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

For all the pretty and refined guitars you've shown off here... I think you should definitely reassemble that one as is. Very cool. Nice artistic finishing touches too.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hey David,

You should put that guitar back together keeping that paint job and put it in a New York art gallery. I bet someone would pay big bucks for guitar art...

Comment

I've been happy with Musikraft for my custom work, and so have the customers. They will do custom measurements and profiles.
          John R. Frondelli
          dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Originally posted by Slobrain View Post
            Hey David,

You should put that guitar back together keeping that paint job and put it in a New York art gallery. I bet someone would pay big bucks for guitar art...
            I've had people say they wanted to buy it, but they never actually make an offer.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
            X