Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty Mite strat necks, does Squier brand use the same manufacturer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty Mite strat necks, does Squier brand use the same manufacturer?

I have compared some pictures of the Mighty Mite strat necks to the Indonesian made Squier necks and they sure do look very close to being the same. Anyone know if maybe they are from the same manufacturer?

Thanks

Anthony
    Last edited by Slobrain; 02-23-2012, 08:34 PM.

Mighty Mite necks are made in the Cort factory in Korea, and some Korean Fenders WERE made in the Cort factory (I have a P-Bass from the Cort factory, which I love). There is no Cort factory in Indonesia, so any resemblance is either purely coincidental, or Fender may have recycled the blueprints from the Cort factory.
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

On a purely peripheral note to this thread... I've seldom seen a skimpier rosewood laminate for a fingerboard than on the MM product. A friend bought one for a "strat" build and I was sort of shocked when I saw it. I wasn't nice about it either. I think I said something like "What is the point?"... Oops. Not nice to dis a friends project. Even if they didn't know it would be like that.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

From Wikipedia,
        CORT GUITARS,
        Jack Westheimer set up business connections with Japanese guitar makers in the 1960s with the intention of importing Japanese made guitars into America. Some of the many brands that Jack Westheimer is associated with were Teisco, Cortez, Pearl, Silvertone, Kingston, Cort and many others. In 1973, Jack Westheimer founded the Yoo-Ah company (“you-and-I”) in South Korea with Yung H. Park as a business partner. The Yoo-Ah company would eventually be called Cor-Tek which was named after Jack Westheimer's Cortez brand name. Yung H. Park eventually acquired the operations of the Cor-Tek company. Cor-Tek manufactures Cort branded guitars as well as engaging in concha OEM manufacturing for numerous brands such as Lotus.

I see the serial number on the indo made Squiers as IC 10XXXXXX and looking up the serial indentificaion numbers I= Indo and C= Cor-Tek

Looks like the indonesian Cor-Tek factory might be using the blueprint from the Cort factory strat neck specs.

I guess curiosity got me after looking at pictures of the Mighty Mite necks plus owning one in the past and I have maybe 3 or 4 Squier strat necks currently.

Cheers

Comment

On a side note there is a Mighty Mite neck on ebay that the guys says the heel measures 55mm That does't sound like a 2 3/16 heel, 55MM would be a bit smaller.

Or am I calculating wrong?

Man, one of those days where I feel like crap... Sickness going around my work place and my brain farting out...

Comment

Working...
          X