Vintage '52 3 way switch - no tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage '52 3 way switch - no tone?

The switch diagram claims that when in the neck position, the tone knob doesn't affect the signal. But from the wiring diagram one can see that any signal that goes to the volume pot will also be sent to the tone pot.

How can they say the tone knob does nothing with the switch in the neck position?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by chickenPlucker View Post
    The switch diagram claims that when in the neck position, the tone knob doesn't affect the signal. But from the wiring diagram one can see that any signal that goes to the volume pot will also be sent to the tone pot.

How can they say the tone knob does nothing with the switch in the neck position?
    In the first position the tone is filtered by the .1 cap. I think what they are saying is with the highs rolled off like that the tone control wont do all that much. But you are correct... it's still in the circuit. I'm not sure that's vintage correct. I have the vintage Tele schematic here somewhere...
    Last edited by David Schwab; 05-17-2007, 07:58 PM.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
    X