Tele with 2 Humbuckers and a strange 5-way switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele with 2 Humbuckers and a strange 5-way switch

I'm working on a Telecaster that originally had a humbucker in the neck and a single in the bridge. The single in the bridge is being replaced by a Seymour Duncan JB Mini humbucker.

So far, I've put the finishes together and grounded the south start and bare wire to the volume pot. But, because of the strange 5-way switch, I can't figure out where the hot wire should go.

The switch looks like a 5-way Super Switch, but with only one set of 12 in-line terminals. There two groups of five and one on each end.

Can anyone help me figure out which terminal to use?

I would solder it to the same place the hot wire went from the pickup you are replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by kelcy View Post
      I'm working on a Telecaster that originally had a humbucker in the neck and a single in the bridge. The single in the bridge is being replaced by a Seymour Duncan JB Mini humbucker.

So far, I've put the finishes together and grounded the south start and bare wire to the volume pot. But, because of the strange 5-way switch, I can't figure out where the hot wire should go.

The switch looks like a 5-way Super Switch, but with only one set of 12 in-line terminals. There two groups of five and one on each end.

Can anyone help me figure out which terminal to use?
      I agree with Jag.
      put it back where you took it off.
      Here is probably the switch you have.
      STEWMAC.COM : Instructions for Super Switch
      Here's a super switch with humbuckers.
      Wiring Diagram
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

I took the original pickup out a few days ago and marked the terminal with an alligator clip... that promptly fell off as I was putting the guitar back onto the counter. I know, I'm an idiot, but that's what happened.

It's not a super switch, so I can't apply that diagram.

Comment

I took the original pickup out a few days ago and marked the terminal with an alligator clip... that promptly fell off as I was putting the guitar back onto the counter. I know, I'm an idiot, but that's what happened.

It's not a super switch, so I can't apply that diagram.
          No problem, stick a picture on here of it.
          Another thing to do is take your ohm meter, and check through the switch as you walk through the 5 posistions.
          With a picture, I bet someone will recognize it.
          Good Luck,
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

You did say two groups of six, right? I was hoping this would help:
            http://support.fender.com/service_di...0_02B_SISD.pdf
            DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Get a cheap meter and set it for continuity. Now you will be able to map out the terminals.

You should also be able to see it when you switch it.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Thanks for the help, everybody, I've got it now!

Comment

Working...
                X