Help, MegaSwitch mad skills needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, MegaSwitch mad skills needed

I started with a Jerry Donahue schem., but altered it a bit. I've kept the Res & Cap features basically. The JD schem. is based on Teles getting Strat 2 and 4 position tones. The switch is an All-Parts I believe. Same as Steve Ahola used on the PRStrat '97 design.
    Here's what I had:
    1 N
    2 B
    3 NB series
    4 NB parallel = #4 Strat
    5 NB parellel = #2 Strat

1 Vol.
    1 Tone

Trouble is, now I'm trying to get 4 conductor Anderson pups to work in HB/SC w/2 vols., 1 tone. I want to use forward coils per SC selections.
    Here how it go:
    1 N SC & HB via sw.
    2 B SC & HB via sw.
    3 NB series SC & HB via sw.
    4 NB SC's parellel(#4 Strat) north coils
    5 NB SC's parallel(#2 Strat) north coils

2 Vols.
    1 Tone
    The best I've done is leaving the B as HB'r. I used a SPDT on/on per N SC/HB
    function. No attempt at the 2 vols and 1 tone, yet! I fliped the B pup to get fuller tone when it's SC mode.

Anderson color code: Red(N)/Black(S); start, White(S)/Green(N); finish
    This is crazy shyte for my tinkering ability. Things go wacky once I try to gnd the B pup's link(grn&wht). i.e. pos #1 includes the B in some muted parallel way.

Hope this made sense. Schematics welcome.

Got all the combos by reversing the B coils start and finish leads, so the B uses the finish for hot(wht) and gnd(grn), the blk and red are now linked and go to a SPDT per coil select.

2 vols., 1 tone up next.

These Custom Shop Schecters with the mag poles give me true FDR tones when split(N4.3K,B5.1K). I guess in HB mode they sound like those 70's Tele HB's.
    Very nice to have proper clean FDR tone then go HB'r to push the pre-amp, yet you still have FDR vibe with these mag poles. HB sound is very nice with vol. rolled off, still captures some FDR Boink. True SuperStrat/Tele.

Glad to finally add these pups to my P90's line-up.

Comment

Working...
    X