Ground issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground issues

Hi all, this looks like a really good forum so I thought I would see if you guys have any knowledge about my issue.

Basically, I'm using an ESP explorer with two humbuckers, the whole thing was rewired about a year ago without any issues. But now there's an awful buzzing sound that stops every time i place my hand or finger on either of the pots in the back of the guitar, or sometimes if I touch the metal part of the pickup switch around the front of the guitar. I'm guessing this is some kind of grounding issue. I have attached pictures of the pots and the wiring to see if that helps.. I have no idea what I can do!

You will notice two sets of red and white wires twisted together but hanging loose out the back. I'm not sure if these should be connected? Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (17).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	867193Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (16).JPG
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	867194Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (15).JPG
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	867195

I guess that the red/white wires are (unused)coil taps; best to insulate them, shrink wrap sleeving etc.
    I can't identify a bridge / tailpiece grounding wire; if that (and therefore the strings) aren't grounded then your symptoms will likely occur.
    Pete
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
      I guess that the red/white wires are (unused)coil taps; best to insulate them, shrink wrap sleeving etc.
      I can't identify a bridge / tailpiece grounding wire; if that (and therefore the strings) aren't grounded then your symptoms will likely occur.
      Pete
      Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting back to me and for the help. Is it best I send it to a technician to carry this out? Or is there an easy way for me to do this at home?

Comment

Have you got a test meter?
        My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Working...
        X