Charvel Model 6 Kahler Tremolo to Fixed Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 6 Kahler Tremolo to Fixed Bridge

I didnt realize Kahler made direct replacements for their tremolos to fixed bridge. I would like to know which model I need. Their website says the 3300 but all I find for sale is the 7330k. Which one will be a exact mounting match?

Can't tell if that's going to work or not.
    But I'll contribute my opinion for what it's worth.

I have several shredder guitars in my little collection and switch between fixed and trems
    depending on what mood I'm in.
    Charvel Model 88 has an OFR style JT6, two Kramers with OFR's, and a Jackson
    DKMGT string through TOM fixed.
    I wanted a Model 6 and waited for an 86 to be available just so I could have the Kahler option.
    Why?
    IMO the Kahler without the arm installed is already real close to a fixed bridge.
    It doesn't move anywhere as easily as a Floyd so I'm comfortable with my palm on it.
    Do that with a Floyd and it warbles, unless it's blocked.
    And when I want to do some trem I just put the arm back in and have at it without swapping guitars.

And, I think Model 6's are just special enough not to mess with them.
    I feel they will increase in value over time so if you want a string through fixed bridge, then look at other C/J options.

Jes my leetle 'pinion o' course.

Comment

Check My Pic out and help me!!!

Stop me from smashing my beloved guitar. Not alot of action on this thread but hopefully someone is still alive out there. I answered my own question from earlier. The 73xx series is a direct fit.

My problem now is I took the bridge off but all 4 screws broke off!!!! Like a kick in the nuts. Check the pic, I fixed the front 2 holes but the back 2 are killing me. The bit slides off the screw everytime and mucks up the woods. Can anyone tell me the name of the bit that drill around the screw? That way I can glue in a dowel and redrill. Where I live home depot and lowes cant help me with a proper bit.

How do you like my frilled picks!!!!

By the way I was so excited to hear my new Bareknuckle Warpig in this guitter. It is lonely.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ow, hurts just to look at it.
        If it were mine I would take it to a luthier before anything else gets boogered up.

I would have left it alone, and gotten another guitar that fills your needs.

Comment

Get some brass tubing from the hardware store just large enough to fit over the screw. Use a dremel tool to create some crude teeth on the end and carefully use your drill at a slow speed to drill end deep enough to free the screw. The tubing will probably dull very fast in that rock maple but you can just keep reshaping the teeth.

Another solution would be to get a very small drill bit and drill around the screw until you free it. You'll probably break a few bits, especially if you don't have a drill press so get extras and go slow.
          ..Joe L

Comment

Working...
          X