Tonal difference in brigdes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonal difference in brigdes

I am building myself a guitar, and since it is the first one I am trying to save as much as possible without making it sound like crap. My question to you is about using different brands of bridges, mainly the established ones vs the Chinese cheapos on ebay. Do you have some experience using these cheap bridges? If you have please make a small comparison with the brands you normaly use.

Thanks, Gorjan

What kind of guitar are you making? Strat style, Tele, Les Paul?
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
    - Yogi Berra

Comment

If everything goes to plan my first guitar should be a strat style guitar. But after I will make an SG for my friend.... no to go too much in the future now anyways any advice you have considering a Strat or SG will be very helpful to me

Gorjan

Comment

Bridges don't sound all that different when made from the same material; i.e., zinc bridges sounds like zinc bridges, brass is warmer and steel and aluminum are brighter. So if it's made like a standard bridge it will probably sound like one.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
        X