Cigar Box guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigar Box guitar

My daughter was in my shop today fixing an interesting guitar one of her friends had picked up somewhere which had stopped working. The body was literally a wooden cigar box which was screwed shut with a neck glued to it. When she got it open, there was a huge condenser mic just kind of wedged in there. An audio technica I think. It took an AA battery which had gone dead. Funny thing: it sounded good.

Picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Picture?
      Its gone, so I made a drawing...

Click image for larger version

Name:	cigarbox.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	830982

Comment

Probably a kit, no?

Comment

I have a friend from a musician forum who has one, pretty cool guitar.

Videosong I gots to know - neanderpaul blues cigar box guitar - YouTube

From that page you'll see videos of several others, I didn't look at any of those yet. But check out that old Tele-Star amp...He also has a good shot of it at the end, I don't see a pickup so it might have some sort of mic inside too, I haven't asked him. I love that song though, and he's done several others (all done by himself with the Jamman) that are pretty good.
          Why do I drive way out here to view the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

My Photography - http://billy-griffis-jr.artistwebsites.com/

Comment

Down here in Auzzie land um under downunder is a little isle called Tasmania .. you may have heard of it from Bugs Bunny cartoons with
            the Tasmanian Devil .. theres talk at the moment of turning the whole island into an asylum seekers haven or an illegal immigrants detention centre
            depending on who you talk to... well looky here..
            Devil Guitars Tasmania: A selection of our guitars

Comment

Working...
            X