Wou this make a cool amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wou this make a cool amp?

Found this on ebay, I'm thinking it looks pretty cool and would make a good amp. Auc #121068764127
    I realize I'll probably have to replace the power transformer, But what else will I have to do?

Coolest Guitar Tube Amplifier Project Around | eBay

Comment

YES IT WOU......You can have it drop shipped to me for Christmas. Thank you in advance.
      Last edited by The Dude; 11-13-2013, 12:54 AM.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Being your first post, you wouldn't happen to be the seller would you?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yeah you got me... (grin) But I can't believe nobody has bought this amplifier. If I was a guitar guy I would be all over it. Why would you want a Stromberg Carlson over this English beauty? It's actually set up like a guitar amplifier and the output transformer and circuit are probably to die for. This has got to be the best D.I.Y Guitar amp project that I have seen on ebay. And I'm selling it cheaper then it should go for to boot! Well I guess it's true, Some things can just be too rare....

Comment

I just added three new pics to the ebay auction

Comment

Here is a nice little thread from over at Vintage radio concerning the HiFi LTD: hifi LTD Junior PA Amplifier. - UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser View Post
                Found this on ebay, I'm thinking it looks pretty cool and would make a good amp. Auc #121068764127
                I realize I'll probably have to replace the power transformer, But what else will I have to do?
                Originally posted by g-one View Post
                you wouldn't happen to be the seller would you?
                Yeah you got me... (grin) But I can't believe nobody has bought this amplifier.
                Please use the "flea market" section for selling, trades, etc.: Flea Market

Creating bogus posts asking for info will be seen (correctly) as attempts to deceive by forum members.
                As it is your first post, it will be overlooked, otherwise it will make you very unpopular around here. This forum is an excellent community and source of information. Use it wisely or lose it.
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I just added three new pics to the ebay auction
                  Guilty. As. Charged.

Transformers, "probably to die for".

File under SPAM.
                  This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

It may be a nice piece, but without tubes or any available documentation, you may be asking a bit more than it's worth.
                    Anyone willing to go to the expense of purchasing a unit to gut it is not going to spend a lot of money.

Comment

Wou this make a cool amp?
                      “Nu”

Originally posted by g-one View Post
                      Please use the "flea market" section for selling, trades, etc.: Flea Market
                      Creating bogus posts asking for info will be seen (correctly) as attempts to deceive by forum members.
                      As it is your first post, it will be overlooked...
                      That was an extremely tolerant response g-one. I would have banished him from MEF and removed all traces of his registration. The ONLY slightly redeeming value is that he admitted his attempt at deceit.
                      Last edited by Tom Phillips; 11-15-2013, 02:45 AM. Reason: typo correction

Comment

I don't buy from spammers......any of them. People don't go to the used car lot to converse with the overly aggressive salesman in the plaid suit and gold chains. They go because they can't afford a new car.
                        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Hey all I tried to do was try to promote a good piece. Don't get too down on me, somebody may like it and want to do something with it. I am a true Hobbyist, Been building and collecting Hifi gear for 25 years. Didn't mean to insult anybody, If you aren't interested it's ok you're not obligated. I've been around the block enough to know this would make an excellent amp, And I know it's cheap enough. Like I say, you couldn't buy this chassis alone for this much in this market. Somebody will figure out it's actually very cool. Later...............

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
                            That was an extremely tolerant response g-one. I would have banished him from MEF and removed all traces of his registration. The ONLY slightly redeeming value is that he admitted his attempt at deceit.
                            I thought I would try to be nice this wee.... well, at least for a coupla days anyway .

Comment

It appears his Post, woke everyone up!
                              If I go paying much for a salvage piece, I want it to have lots of old vintage tube still in it!
                              T
                              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X