• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratocasters 60th Birthday

Photo gallery:
    Fender Stratocaster turns 60

Thanks SGM,

I enjoyed that. The strat is the most coolest looking guitar ever built. It sure would be nice though if Fender would start building the shorter scale necks for strats again like they did in the 80s. The contemporary had a 24 3/4 scale neck. Awesome playing imo.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Slobrain View Post
      Thanks SGM,

I enjoyed that. The strat is the most coolest looking guitar ever built. It sure would be nice though if Fender would start building the shorter scale necks for strats again like they did in the 80s. The contemporary had a 24 3/4 scale neck. Awesome playing imo.

Cheers
      It really is a wonderful birthday. The strat shaped the birth of rock and roll.
      And without it, there would be no Hendrix, no Clapton, no SRV, as we know it today.

I'm kind of glad that it turned out the way it did.
      It's not just a guitar. it's an entire culture, an entire lifestyle, pretty remarkable way to change the world.
      Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
        It really is a wonderful birthday. The strat shaped the birth of rock and roll.
        And without it, there would be no Hendrix, no Clapton, no SRV, as we know it today.
        Talents like those will find their way out regardless of instrument choice. But it sure didn't hurt to have some Strats at hand.

Regardless, the Strat is a wonderful instrument. Big thanks to Freddie Tavares, George Fullerton, and Leo Fender for dreaming this one up. "Let's make a guitar that looks like a Corvette!" THAT sure worked a charm, didn't it.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
        X