Alessandro cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alessandro cables

Alessandro, the boutique amp maker with such meaningful options as a $50k solid gold chassis on a low tech 4 tube amp also sells instrument cables

wow solid silver conductor that's gotta be real flexible and durable...

ad copy
    Instrument Pro
    The most advanced level of guitar cable is the Alessandro Instrument Pro, a double- balanced cable that has high-grade functionally-perfect silver conductors. Silver is the final word in conductor material, being the most musical metal known. These cables use Teflon insulation over a solid silver core. The solid center prevents strand-interaction, the greatest single source of cable distortion. Solid silver allows for the flattest, most dynamic frequency response currently available. Hard-cell foam insulation reduces dielectric involvement (distortion caused by the insulation material.)
    For best performance, use these cables with the arrows pointing the same direction as the signal flow (Instrument --> pedal effects --> amplifier.)
    1-foot $124.95
    3-foot $399.95
    12-foot $1,499.95
    20-foot $1,999.95

Double-balanced, solid functionally-perfect silver conductor.
    Instrument cables are terminated with a 1/4" plug; please specify straight or right-angle plug when ordering.
    link: Alessandro High-End Products: Instrument Cables

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
    ...Double-balanced, solid functionally-perfect silver conductor...
    That's gotta be real important to preserve the integity of the signal from the guitar pickups. At least until the signal passes through those carbon comp resistors soldered to the input jack of the vintage Fender Bassman that the user has told his tech to keep as original as possible.
    OMG! I guess I need to clean all the lead & tin solder out of my amps and what should I do about that 50 year old wiring in my guitar?
    Last edited by Tom Phillips; 05-17-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

"Silver ... the most musical metal known".
      Gotta love that. Should I decide to start a metal band, I know what to call it.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

FYI Ag current price is $0.62 gm, and 22AWG Ag wire weighs about 0.8 gm/ft so 20 foot cable with 2X22AWG Ag conductor has $24.80 worth of silver....insulation must be really nice.

Alessandro's "Cable Collaborator" is a company called MoneyQues... I mean AudioQuest

Their white paper is one of the most convoluted I've run across..
        http://www.audioquest.com/wp-content...12/BoomBox.pdf

PS Science does not require "white paper" and everything on "white paper" is not, necessarily, science.

An excerpt:
        "A larger conductor size increases distortion for two reasons: Almost always the strands are in either a “bunch” or “rope-lay” configuration. In both cases, the
        strands are constantly changing position within the overall bundle as they travel the length of the cable. This very complicated and ever changing magnetic environment is a constant source of confusion, even when the strands are individually insulated, made using magnet wire, what in English is called a “litz” wire (“litz” in
        German simply means “strand”). When the strands are not individually insulated, then the larger the conductor, the more “skin-effect” causes the current at higher
        frequencies to have to jump from strand to strand in order to follow the path of least resistance, which is a straight line near the surface of the conductor. Skin effect
        is not a problem at audio frequencies because of “loss” (despite major verifiable reduction of current density at higher frequencies). It is only a problem because of distortion. One of the most significant distortion mechanisms is encouraging current to jump from strand to strand, passing through the inferior and variable connection between strands. The somewhat grainy sound of stranded cables is mostly due to the strand to strand jumping, while the somewhat one-note thud bass is due to magnetic interaction problems"

wow when your "straw man" is Monster Cable Inc. you can really lay it on thick...

this is my poor sound being both "grainy" and "confused"
        Click image for larger version

Name:	296453105_435f23692e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	833360
        Last edited by tedmich; 05-17-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

For best performance, use these cables with the arrows pointing the same direction as the signal flow
          A guitar signal is AC right?
          Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmartn149 View Post
            A guitar signal is AC right?
            Doesnt Allessandro have something to with Lady Gaga ?

Comment

Solid silver chassis are known to be a source of high distortion to the signal.
              This is because silver has an excess of free electrons, and this causes too many electron collisions.
              However, if you cryogenically treat the silver, you can stabilize the motion of the electrons and getting a cleaner sound.
              Or you can just make the chassis out of a different metal, like steel or aluminum.............

Comment

Statistically ***BRASS*** is the "most musical metal" , since itīs used to make all kinds and sizes of cymbals, horns, church bells and guitar strings.
                So much so that the horn section in a band is called "the BRASS section" .
                Silver can NEVER be compared to Brass in mechanical aspects or properties, and is used to make a few flutes, *just* because the walls do not vibrate, only the air column inside.
                Thatīs why some flutes are successfully made out of wood, reed or plastic.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I do use 600 V silver Teflon for everything.
                  The hook up wire is $1.75 a foot...
                  The shielded wire is $2.35 a foot. It's Belden Cable...
                  And, it really is pretty good wire.
                  Once you get used to working with it.

Rope lay wire is pretty nice.
                  I use it to wire boats and ships. (it's coast guard approved for high speed vessels)
                  And occasionally, for speaker cables, in high end systems.

We wired a 22,500 watt 6 way PA system with rope lay, and it sounded pretty nice.
                  But not silver plated.
                  Last edited by soundguruman; 05-18-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                    Doesnt Allessandro have something to with Lady Gaga ?
                    <Doesnt Allessandro have something to with Lady Gaga?>

Yes, they have the same understanding of physics and electronics. IOW, not much. But Ms Germanotta could teach Allesandro a lot about salesmanship. Dispense with the pseudoscientific bloviation, just package it in a stunning way, have your publicists work it into the news every day, and you're bound to be a raging success.

- - - - - - - - - -

Juan's commentary about brass. Bronze too, lots of alloy choices, lots of tone choices. FWIW world renowned flautist James Galway said in an interview he had flutes of gold and even platinum, but preferred gold for its warmer tone. Well, for those that can afford it, knock yourselves out.

So many great recordings & performances done with ordinary (yawn) copper cable, not even four-nines oxygen-free pure copper. Works for me!
                    Attached Files
                    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
                    X