Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBX Clapton mod help please!

Hi All,
    I have installed a TBX clapton board for a guy, and everything seems copacetic except for one teeny problem, It sqeals like a pig, or more like a psychadelic pig, since you can get the wierdness of the squealing to vary by didling the knobs. I have triple checked grounds, the wiring for the board proper, and everything else I can think of. I did have the tip and ring wiring reversed at first, which led to no sound at all. Another fly in the unguent, it has an every thing axe pickup set in it, and a neck on switch too. Oy vey, it's a lotta wireses. Any ideas, rude remarks or condolences welcome. Thanks in advance.

Shannon
    Shannon Hooge
    NorthStar Guitar
    northstarguitar.com

Something is causing it to oscillate.

All I can think of is to check your wiring again. There is a feedback loop somewhere.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

if only...

Hi David, Thanks for the advice. I have done some serious searching, and have disconnected the pickups and an extra switch, trying to boil down the problem. E have checked three schematics for the same thing and am getting the same problem. The only thing I found is that the board is a previous model number to the current board. I even rewired all my grounds, but it just is no good. It's a real drag.

Peace
      Shannon Hooge
      NorthStar Guitar
      northstarguitar.com

Comment

ooooo

i know this thread is well old but just incase someone needs an answer then here it goes....

i had the exact same problem on a customers guitar...first of all i thought it might be the pickups (needed re-waxing maybe?) but it wasnt the case. what stopped it for me was you know the very thin capacitor?, when earthing it, earth it both sides of the capacitor before taking it through the lugs of the pot... problem solved,why i dont know but i had a whisper quiet geetar at high overdrive volume

Comment

Clapton Mid Boost problem

I have encountered a very similar problem (a feedback loop or oscillation) to the previous postings and the same thing occurs on an identical pre-amp board that came out of another guitar. I have been trying to understand the mod that eggle described but don't get it I'm afraid. Which capacitor did you earth? Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

Comment

clapton board

you get 2 capacitors with the kit, its the very thin resistor one. when this capacitor goes through the lugs as shown on diagram solder down to the pot infront of the capacitor and after the capacitor, why this works i dont know but it solved a very fustrating problem for me.

Comment

clapton

if you dont understand what im trying to say then mail me at johnstone682@aol.com and ill give you a drawing of it

Comment

Working...
              X