No announcement yet.

Guitar straps..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would totally rig that up on a central pivot so I could do the ZZ Top thing
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
      Looks very nice indeed. BUT when I punched on the link, "Does not ship to the United States." What? Still upset about those upstart colonies, or what??? Oh well, enjoy them in Old Blighty. Maybe someday the seller will change their mind.
      WOOPS, that shipping prohibition is Amazon's - "only necessary items" during the plague... So folks, if you have a friend in Great Britain I suppose you might prevail on them to acquire one of these premium straps & send it on to you.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

My favourite straps right now are from Minotaur and I bought mine from Thomann in Germany. They're wide and the leather is 6mm thick. I use Dunlop strapalocks. I also have a wide nylon webbing strap that's served me well for thirty years and I used this for gigging with a very heavy aluminium neck Kramer that made a Les Paul feel like balsa. The worst straps I have are the Canadian Fender ones. I have one with a kind of military webbing look and another in leather. They look nice but really cut in.

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
          This one is for the Dawg....

A friend had serious neck and shoulder pain. I bought one of those Home Depot elastic support waste bands, cut off the shoulder straps, took out the metal support pieces, sewed on two ends of a guitar strap, moved the buttons on the guitar, and voila, made him a waste band strap. No, you could not do the ZZ Top flip your guitar in circles move. It wasn't a perfect design, but it worked - provided you didn't have a super heavy guitar.

Oh well... it's the story of a man and his sewing machine :-)
          The only thing that really bothers me about these is the “clasp” is plastic and feels cheap..
          https://slingerstraps.com/

Comment

It looks like the usual fastex type buckle. Usually very reliable. But then, everything just seems to get cheaper and cheaper so I dunno.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
              It looks like the usual fastex type buckle. Usually very reliable. But then, everything just seems to get cheaper and cheaper so I dunno.
              That double neck Telly weighs a ton. Not quite two LPs.. but close! The clasp works ok. Sometimes I have to have someone snap it for me. Definitely more of a ordeal than a traditional strap. Especially if you almost always use a transmitter like I do.

Comment

Facts About Straps

Early in my guitar experimental and development experience I discovered this.

Guitar balance on a strap is based on this.

1. Hang the guitar/bass (fully strung) from the most forward strap attachment.
                2. See if the guitar/bass hangs with the neck up.
                3. If the neck dips, extend the upper body extension strap attachment point unil the body mass shifts and the neck no longer dips.
                4. If you have a customer guitar or bass that does dip procure a guitar/bass strap with a wide shoulder support to add more friction to minimize the neck dip.

Look at the Ampeg Devil Bass and see how long the horns are. I showed Mile Roman, the Devil Bass designer, that it was neck heavy and needed a body rebalance with longer horns.

I did this while I was in high school working in the Steve Blozen (and friend of Mike Roman), home basement custom guitar shop doing his electronics work and learning guitar design physics.

Now, I am retired, cause I was tired yesterday. OK; Ha, Ha or Boo, Boo.

Guitar/bass balance facts are real!

Joseph J. Rogowski
                Last edited by bbsailor; 04-17-2020, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X