Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restoring 70s STRAT low pickup volume

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Agree with Chuck. Nice looking axe. Out of curiosity, did you have the pickups rewound, solder issues, or what was the final solution?
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

    Comment


    • #47
      Bet the knobs aren’t original. Nice “big headstock” Strat. Pay attention to the micro tilt mechanism.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by brunobliss View Post
        both neck and middle pickups fixed!
        The sweet sound of success! Did you find a rewind? Let us know, in case anyone else in that area runs into the same problem, they can find the info by searching.
        Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by olddawg View Post
          Bet the knobs aren’t original. Nice “big headstock” Strat. Pay attention to the micro tilt mechanism.
          Agree. I still like it. And I usually like to contrast my pickups with the pick guard too, but on that guitar I like the black on black.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

          "Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

          "Being born on third base and thinking that you must have hit a triple is pure delusion!" Steve A

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            Agree with Chuck. Nice looking axe. Out of curiosity, did you have the pickups rewound, solder issues, or what was the final solution?
            Took it to a local Luthier (Filipe Brandão btw great person / professional), he tried to salvage the pickups by first unwinding both PU a couple of times but ended up having to totally rewind both. 3 Days turnaround. I'm very happy with it

            Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            Agree. I still like it. And I usually like to contrast my pickups with the pick guard too, but on that guitar I like the black on black.
            All the hardware, apart from the white knobs (waiting for the black ones to arrive) and schaller strap locks (i think) are original stuff, here's a picture of me in the 80s holding the actual guitar

            Last edited by brunobliss; 05-10-2020, 12:46 AM.

            Comment

            Working...
            X