No sound - Help (Fender Strat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound - Help (Fender Strat)

So, here is the issue, I do not have much gear, I have one guitar and one small 10W Fender practice amp.

Last week, all sound stopped. Now I have done a bit of cursory testing and I have a Korg CA-1 chromatic plug-in tuner that I use and it picks up a signal from the guitar when I plug it in and I have used a voltmeter on the cord to ensure I do not have an open circuit in the guitar..

I think this points to an Amp problem.... Is my logic correct?

Thanks.

If you plug directly from the guitar to the amp?
    What do you get?
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

No sound... I get the distinctive "amp buzz" but no sound... Since I do not have another guitar to test the amp... (or another amp to test the guitar) I am looking for an easy way to rule out just the guitar...

Comment

Originally posted by Lapin911 View Post
        I do not have another guitar to test the amp
        If you remove the jack plug from the guitar and touch the end contact with a finger does the amp make a loud hum? Try it with just the amp and cord first.

Comment

If you remove the jack plug from the guitar and touch the end contact with a finger does the amp make a loud hum? Try it with just the amp and cord first.
          The tone of the hum changes on the amp. gets a tad higher...

Comment

I would have a look at solder connections on the amp's input jack.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Agreed. Look at the back of the jacks to make sure they are making a good connection. Also, does it make any crackling sounds when you turn the volume or tone knobs up and down on the amp?
              "I don't care about your guitar instructing, real music comes from the heart." -Dimebag

Comment

Working...
              X