Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superswitch and a DPDT schematic here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superswitch and a DPDT schematic here...

Hi I was wondering if anybody can explain decript how/what/which these switches (diagram) get connected, please. I retrieved it from guitarnuts2. It could be a bit better labeled, it is may be the ultimate wiring configuration though!
    I'll be using Bill Lawrence pickups, if interested. I'll even be adding the Q filter
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Each section of the switch has five contacts and a wiper connection. You can see two of the sets of five connections on your photo. The wiper for each section is up higher on the switch. The schematic has the commons labeled as a through d. The five circles in a semicircle are the contacts for each switch position. The bottom is toward the bridge pickup. The wiper is the part of the diagram that connects to each position as you switch the switch.

You have to make sure that the Lawrence humbuckers have either four conductor wring, or have a series connection so you can split the pickups to single coil.

The other switch look like a SPST, not a DPDT.

It's a complicated schematic. If you are not familiar with wiring this stuff I'd take it to someone that is.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Thanks David,

So it seems that it matters not where you physically place a,b,c,d as long as they're orientated consistantly.

I am pretty certain that those switches are DPDT types and if one assumes that the lefts are one unit, as are the rights, then I, for one, can understand it. I am pretty capable once deciphering someone artwork.

Oh man.... I just NOW saw the blue dotted line connecting the push/pull switches.
      Demystified.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist View Post

Oh man.... I just NOW saw the blue dotted line connecting the push/pull switches.
        Demystified.
        I see that now.. so it's a DPST... might as well use a DPDT.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
        X