Rewiring input jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewiring input jack

I bought a BC Rich Warlock that needs a new input jack. The hot wire is only about 2 inches long and needs about 6 more inches to reach the input jack. Is there a specific type and gauge of wire that I need to splice onto the old wire or will any copper wire work?
    Thanks

Its in output jack. The amp has an input jack.

You can use any wire you want. They often use coax shielded cable, but plain insulated wire will work.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
      Its in output jack. The amp has an input jack.
      HUH?! If I stick a plug into it, isn't it an "Input Jack"?

Brad1

Comment

LOL...no, it's an output jack...
        Why do I drive way out here to view the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

My Photography - http://billy-griffis-jr.artistwebsites.com/

Comment

Ah, let's not pick on the new guy.

I had one of our sales reps bring me a mic once from some school, with these instructions, "they want you to remove the XLR plug from the cord and install a 1/4" jack." It was a cheap mic with permanent cord.

SO I did just that. Took the XLR plug off the cord and installed a 1/4" female. I sent it out. Oddly enough, they sent it back. I had honestly assumed they knew what they were asking for, they had used both plug and jack in the same sentence. For some reason, no one else involved found it as amusing as I did.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the replay and the correction. the guy I bought the guitar from said it needed a new input jack......so it was his fault......but it does indeed sent singnal OUT.

Comment

Working...
            X